Recently, Senator Bernie Sanders (I.VT) spoke for 8 hours on the floor of the Senate explaining the proposed tax plan by the Obama administration. He does not support those provisions to help make the rich get richer. Earlier in the month, Senator Sanders addressed the Senate about the 3 wars that are now facing America. They are the Afghanistan war, the Iraq war and the war of the rich against the shrinking middle class being fought here in America. Just like the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, this new war has the same casualties and costs of all wars. The wars of Afghanistan and Iraq and the new war being waged by the rich for its tax credits cost us trillions of dollars. Coupled with the bail outs for the banks and Wall Street, these trillions have added up causing an economic recession of staggering proportions. Senator Sanders makes the following key points with staggering, supporting statistics before the Senate:
- The middle class is now working longer hours for lower wages.
- The Wall Street executives, whom we bailed out after their reckless actions caused the American recession, are now earning more than before the bail out.
- The middle class is collapsing while the rich are becoming richer.
- The large corporations and CEO’s are taking their business to China in order to expand it there.
- The estate tax benefits will go to the top 3/10 of 1% of all Americans.
- Millionaires, billionaires and corporations who funded the campaigns are now asking for what they feel is due them.
- There is a move among conservatives to eliminate all social legislation to help the middle class and less forutnate.
Listen to the video and hear for yourself where we are heading in this country. After listening to the video, ask yourself if the 2% American rich should receive a tax credit for 2 years; if those top 3/10 of 1% of Americans inheriting millions should receive even greater preferential tax free status, while 99 % or the rest of us, the least of those among us and the shrinking middle class struggle to make it. Ask yourself when will the insanity end in Washington, DC. Click on to hear: Senator Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech
Debbie Hines. Esq. is a political/legal commentator. She holds a Juris Doctorate from George Washington University Law School and a BA from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post.